Jul 21, 2009

Not Quite Pixar, but...

Work is picking up this week. So things are good overall.


As I just worked an 8 hour day haven't had much time to do any 3D work.

However as my computer was sitting idle otherwise, I put it work while I was at work (I thought it was only fair ;p). I set up my new and improved Burgess Reef for an animation test.

The bad news about this test is it confirmed my worst fears. Animating this version of the reef takes FOREVER! While I was away at work for nearly 9 hours my computer only managed to render 5 seconds! That is insanely slow...

Some of my recent Delta Patrols for a similar length clip only take 1-2 hours!

So I'm going to have to plan my shots really well. Otherwise I could waste tons of time on faulty renders!

However this is showing me the planning and difficulties are worth it! I can't believe I made this clip...

3 comments:

Albertonykus said...

That's sure a LOT of work! But it's work definitely worth doing! That was pretty amazing!

Anonymous said...

That was pretty impressive!! I can understand your impatience, but apparently you should have just proven to yourself that patience Does, indeed, pay off!! Again, Nicely Done!!

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

Congrats man!

Your progress keeps impressing me more and more.