Nov 25, 2008

If it isn't one thing it's a *BEEP*ing other!

I'm getting sick of being a "real" person, and I haven't even made it a year.

So for a huge amount of this year I was waging a bureaucratic war to get paid, which I finally won.

I thought life was finally going to let up on me for a while. There haven't been any major issues, apart from Lady R getting sick a lot lately, and I've been getting tons of work...

Of course this is me we're talking about. As any of my friends will tell you, the universe will not let me do anything the *BEEP*ing easy way! Not ever.

Walking into the Salmond lobby this evening, I saw a sign that could very well spell the doom of my new success. They're cutting my Internet AND phone line next week.

Now the Internet I could maybe manage without for a month, but the timing is unbelievably bad. Especially given Traumador's big event next week (the same day as the cut funny enough!).

No, the part about this that has me furious beyond words is the phone line. This is where I get all my work from! If I lose my phone I lose my job, period. Due to the costs of mobile phone calls here in NZ, they won't call me on my cell (one of the many problems with a privatised school system, another example being the pay system!).

As for getting a "regular" job, Lady R has been looking for a job for almost a month, and with the current economic crisis going on, there are no jobs.

Now I'm writing this as of 10 minutes post reading the sign, and haven't been able to talk to the guy in charge of the communication systems. So they can't give me any answers till tomorrow. However if they can't make an exception for me, I'm royally f**ked, and yet again through no fault of my own!

Yeah growing up and being a "real" person is "awesome"!

F**K!

3 comments:

Peter Bond said...

This royal SUCKS! I can't believe they won't call a cell phone - shocking. What will you do? Can a friend get your calls? Yeah, at 5:30am, I'm sure he'll love that...
Dude, when are you moving out? I guess you can set up Traum to automatically post ...but the job sh*t is ridiculous. Keep us updated.

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

I definitely agree... sh*t
that economic crisis is everywhere .... f**k

I've felt the same way .. but well... we must try to have confidence on the future

Anonymous said...

I agree. Why are they cutting you off form that stuff. Doesn't make sense.