In addition to this chin issue, looking at some skull references I realized the skull and jaw were going to need a massive overhaul.
Brachiosaurus has a noticeable notch towards the back end of its skull where a raised ridge in the jawbone fits when the mouth is closed. So mine now has that... I'm hoping I got the rough measurements right.
So in addition to a new method of texturing this guy, I'm hoping to pull out some intense new modelling tricks later this week.
In other news I've started prep work at the Uni lab again this week too. This time I'm working on a whale SKULL, and yesterday uncovered the first bit of the bone in the jacket.
Of interest to a few posts ago I was able to finally manage 5 minutes in the same room with Dr. Fordyce and show him the Squalodon. For the first time in such an assessment I got a passing grade! His feedback felt like a "C+", but that is still a pass. Hopefully taking his latest set of corrections and suggestions we'll get something the good doctor might want to use...
Anyways enough with this update. I'm off to get onto the Traumador New Zealand script, so that I can ensure all the photos for that are taken in the next month!