Here is the post battle report of yesterdays Olympic edition Live Blogging.
Admittedly both Peter and myself were disappointed in how our live blogging materialized. We had ideas for more detailed views into our artistic processes, but we just haven't had the time. In addition to Peter working full time, the rare instance of being in THE Olympic city during the games has eaten all our spare time.
Speaking of disappointment, I lost my Therizinosaur's body last night. When I say lost, I mean literally lost it. Well my puter did. If I muck around with rigging there is a risk (due to an annoying glitch) that my computer loses model component information and replaces these with a cube. So reloading my Therizinosaur I was greeted with this...
It was a sharp reminder I NEED to backup models before rigging them! At least it was just one part! Last time I hit this problem it replaced EVERY single piece! Though I'd backed up that time.
So this is what my lost model looked like.
After "borrowing" Lillian's body, and tweaking it for about 20 minutes this what I replace my old model with. Overall I have to say I like this body better. It has a lot of subtle detail I've built into it over the years (the Lillian model is almost 3 years old!), that I didn't have to touch.
Still it is rather annoying I put the work into a new body, and to lose it right when it is finished... Oh well it could have been much much worse!
Onto the next big project. The Dinosaur Winter Olympics!