Nov 15, 2009

Was I complaining about Mark: 5's before?

Okay, so officially I've blown myself away. When the Tylosaur only had its body shader it looked like any of my other models. By the time I'd textured up the head and lower jaw it was becoming clear this wasn't one of my typical models...

I seriously can not believe I built this. Of course the kicker is, we've all seen this model throughout the week, but with the new Mark: 5 shading, it looks like a something completely different!

That and I think I managed to capture the Monitor Lizard feel I was aiming for!

I also feel I'm closing the gap between myself and Dinoraul, a 3D modeller on Renderosity whom I respect, and frankly envy the models of... Though I have to say apart from his more detailed modelling and shading, I have actually outdone him a Prehistoric critter. This is more due to his lack of correctness on the anatomy, everything from the skull back on this guy is dead wrong!
Though I would like to be able to match his modelling detail and shading. At least I've outdone him on something :P


Next step with the Tylosaur is to skeletonize him, and add my own details... once I learn to Vertex.

4 comments:

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

This is the first time I see a mosa this fashion!
strange but cool, really cool!

Albertonykus said...

Yours is now one of the coolest mosasaurs I've ever seen!

Glendon Mellow said...

Certainly captured that monitor lizard feel. Pretty spectacular, Craig!

Anonymous said...

You have, indeed, reached your goal of a monitor lizard feel! :) Great Job, dude! :)