Apr 23, 2012

The Avengers in Hong Kong

In one of those rare instances of movie luckiness, I get to watch Avengers before all my North American friends. The majority of the time being overseas you have wait weeks if not months (Muppet Movie took 4 months to come out here!) to catch up. So this is one of the big ones I'll see a whole week before them. (And the theatres are so much cheaper I'll probably see it a couple of times in that week HAHAHAHAHAHA!)

As this is Hong Kong and it is a truly weird place (remember the Ninja Turtle statues in the office building lobby incident), the Avengers have been popping up all over the place. 

 My favourite was just the other day, while walking down the street we were confused when a mob of people swarmed to the road with cameras flaring to life. We arrived just in the nick of time to see two local dudes dressed up as Captain America and Iron Man! I'm pretty sure this wasn't an official stunt as they didn't really stop (as you can tell from this crap photo I barely managed to snap), and they were having too much boyish fun doing it (besides they'd need Thor to really complete the effect).

 On the official end of promotion, we've seen everything from the cute... (those are all five feet tall if that is not obvious in this photo)

To the extremely awesome!

No comments: