Apr 20, 2012

Does this look too much like a muppet?

So I'm trying to do something VERY different with my Hesperornis, as they always tend to look the same in previous reconstructions.

Sometimes taking the road less travelled can present unexpected challenges.

In trying to ornament my guy it came out looking like this...



I was aiming for this, something like a crested Grebe (This awesome photo by Neil Cheeseman)


Superficially I nailed it, but the feathers have come out too thick.

So it has a slightly muppety in appearance.

What do you think?

Is it a muppet or a Hesperornithiforme...  A muppet of a Hesperornithiforme, a Hesperornithiformey muppet?!? (Sorry Muppet movie reference)

2 comments:

Albertonykus said...

As you note the crest feathers are rather thick, but definitely a unique take on this critter!

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

yes, I like that crest idea as well