Oct 19, 2011

Nothing Fishy

Haven't posted any where near my usual level of 3D stuff. That's because with the full time job I haven't had the time to play.

For the past 3 months I've been ideally tinkering on trying to make a 3D fish. They are surprisingly hard it turns out, and so far I've hit only limited success.



They are an annoying combination of texturing and model. Their shape has to be perfectly smooth and unified, yet it is made of dozens of pieces (especially in the head). In good news I finally tackled this issue with my full concentration and figured out a textural cheat within 20 minutes (should have really focused earlier).


Let me know what you think. He is supposed to be a rough Tarpon analogue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I said on FB, nice Craig! CAn you post bigger images? Hard to get a decent look!

Weapon of Mass Imagination said...

Matt- Grrrrr much to my very long standing annoyance (5 years now!) I can not control the upload size. This started off as 2000X900ish, but blogger has decided on its own this is a picture you can't click and enlarge...

I know many other people do not have this issue, but I definately do!

Anyone out there know a setting I can hit that will fix the problem?

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

Craig, try to post it from Blogger in Draft ... there you can get higher resolution images.

Cute fish, nice texture.