Aug 18, 2007

Like X-Mas Only "Better"

Life has been busy as (that's a kiwi form of slang. To say "insert verb or noun" as), and as of such my life has been fairly boring due to the static routine of homework and planning.

At the same time I haven't posted on my blog in about a month. So I'm taking a bit of time here while buzzed on pain killers (I didn't realize the headache pills I bought had caffeine in them) to fix that situation.

Now the events in this post occurred 3 weeks ago. Oops, but here it is none the less.

Due to the otherwise none existence of a life this feels like it was JUST yesterday. I'm sadly not kidding.

So due to the fact that by the time X-Mas rolls around the corner everyone will be gone from the hall, the good people here at Salmond had a X-Mas in July event.

The dining hall was all done up to be festive and X-Masy. I certainly approved of the use of tube lights!


A very yummy and holidayish meal was served by nearly every member of the kitchen staff (who all dressed in Santa gear).


Fun was had by all including at my table Owain and Peter.


Santa even put in an appearance. I was told that had the hall not had something else in mind for me at this event I was the prime candidate to be Santa. Not a bad casting call I'd venture, but again they had something else in mind for me...


I've had a minor secret down here for the last few months. Not a very tightly held one or covered up mind you. To many of you reading this blog this is old news, but I'm officially admitting it.

Since the Salmond Ball I've been going out with a girl here at the hall named Rhonwyn. She's an Aussie marketing student from Tasmania.

Why do I pick this entry to bring this up? Well a tradition here at Salmond for the X-Mas night is Santa to circulate with a missile toe and expose all the various relationships that are on about the Hall.

Me and Rhonwyn were the feature couple of this ritual out of 10.

Now for those of you on facebook the pick of our kiss may be up. So I thought I'd beat the rumours by going on the record.

So added to the planning and homework is hanging out with Rhonwyn I guess. So I have a bit more of a life then I admit I guess.

I'll try to post something sooner this next time around (but my track record hasn't been so good these last 2 months... Oops again)

No comments: