Dec 21, 2010

Elephant Live Blog 3

Here we are, nearly the end of my first day's attempt, and my critter is 75% done after a mere 4 hours. A first for sure.

A quick aside. The cartoony fur job was inspired by an ancient screw up on my part way way back when... Looked bad back then, hilarious now. So remember kids, always learn from your mistakes!
So starting on the Mammoths face.

The tusks needed to be brought down.
This first attempt at the trunk half looks funny as the shader didn't match...

Furring the face has been proving a challenge much like the feet...

First thing I did was seperate the head into a forehead "blub" and face. This way I could make the face fur thinner and the blub thicker.

Again the eye holes were proving a titch fussy...

It took a few tries...


However a little preserverance and you can manage anything!

2 comments:

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

it's looking good so far!
cool!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Craig... that'll teach me to comment on two blogs simultaneously!
Looking great none the less!