Feb 28, 2008

Developing a New Fear?

Okay... I'm officially creeped out.

I am no longer safe. When I walk down the street I am being stalked. When I go into the park I am being hunted. When I goto work I am ambushed...
_
By terrorists or Velociraptors you wonder...
_
No... by CLOWNS!
_
The first phobia building event was my being hauled up on stage and being made to kiss a French Clown a month ago. Now whilst at placement a damn clown has shown up to out stage us teachers...
_

It wasn't just any clown either, but one truly worthy of hatred and contempt. Mr. Mac himself Ronald McDonald... (here pictured with a corporate logo whom I should probably hate too, but can't help but love).

The really sad part Ronald was both entertaining, and a better teacher than any of us with the kids. They were captivated by him. Proving my theory that there just possibly could be a place for me, my costumes, and puppets in the skool system.

What was truly frightening wasn't the fact he was a clown, but rather that I envied the man who had that job... That's right for some parts of the show I sat there thinking "that could be me, I want that job". I've showered 10 times since getting home, but the filth that tingles on my skin due to such thoughts won't come off!!!

So in a funny way I'm very scared of clowns at moment. Not of them being them, but rather of me becoming one of them!

1 comment:

Michael Hoskin said...

Well, you know what they say about coulrophobes...